Welcome Revolutionary Sisters! You can replay these class recordings at any time. They will be available here for 30 days following the end of this course. Please do not share this link nor any of these recordings and course materials outside of this program. Thank you.
1. Your big why. If you feel you have a lot left to write or say around your big why, continue journaling around it. You can also come into the 'secret' Facebook group, make a video or share a post about it, and allow us to witness you. This is the first step towards taking up more space in a manageable way, within the safety and privacy of this group.
2. Celebrate Your Accomplishments. Write a list of your top accomplishments this year, both personally and professionally. This makes space for how you want to show up next year -- that is, your goals, ideals, and vision as a speaker/ leader for 2020 become clearer. Begin your statement with an action verb. Be as specific as you can. Name things by their names and be specific wherever possible. For ex: "I gave my first TEDx Talk this year, which led to a connection to BuzzFeed News, Thrive Global, and The Wing." You do not need to share this with the group, this is for you right now. However, if you would like us to celebrate, witness you, and root for you, then feel free to share 1-3 accomplishments in the Facebook group.
3. Take the Poll. Go to the secret Facebook Page and take the poll. Stake your claim, and make it known how you would like to show up in 2020.
Class 1 Replay
Let's do a deeper dive around the writing prompts you received during the live class this week. If you still have a lot left unsaid, or want to explore this further, then slow down & really spend some time with these questions. You may also be stilling working through your big WHY. The answers to these questions will be the compass to your message & it will give you the confidence & conviction you need to take the stage in the first place. I recommend re-listening to the Class 2 replay. Then, set your timer for 20 minutes, to set a firm container for this writing exercise.
1. Writing Prompts: (a) What is the core idea that you have, that is fresh? (b) Why is this idea important to you? (c) Why should your idea matter to others? (d) Why should it matter for changing the world? (e) Are you turning a general theory or social norm on its head? If so, how? And if so, why?
2. Watch >> this TED Talk by Zainab Salbi,<< in preparation for next week's class 3. We will be unpacking this talk in class, and it will give you some context for what we will discuss.